On this week’s episode, we are joined by holistic nutritionist Brittany Ford to talk about all things Biohacking. Brittany Ford, also known as “Biohacking Brittany” is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist with a focus on supporting gut and skin health through nutrition and biohacking. She received the award for “Top 27 Holistic Nutritionists to Follow” in 2020 and hosts a podcast called Biohacking with Brittany.
Based in Vancouver, Canada, Brittany works online with clients from all over the world. She teaches her clients how to biohack in an affordable and accessible way to improve their health and vitality.
Find out how your gut affects your skin (is your acne telling you something?), what it means to be mindful in the way you eat, and what it takes to achieve radiant, healthy skin through holistic practices. You may be surprised at some of the answers uncovered on these health topics – in fact, Brittany doesn’t believe in “perfect health” at all. Listen in on this episode to find out what she means by that!
KEY POINTS / MAIN TAKEAWAYS:
- What is Biohacking?
- Why is gut health so important?
- How to keep a healthy gut.
- Leaky Gut: Symptoms and how to treat it.
- Mindfulness around Food and Nutrition: Focusing not just on what you eat, but how you eat.
- How to have healthy, glowing skin: Diet, products, and treatments
- Hot and Cold detox treatments and their benefits: Saunas and Cold Exposure/Therapy
- Benefits of micro-dosing mushrooms
- Alternative Medicines: MDMA, Ayahuasca
“If I’m eating healthy food and it’s going into my stomach and my gut, but I’m not absorbing it, then what is really even the point?”
“If the tests tell you you’re normal and you don’t feel normal, it’s not normal.”
“It feels so nice when you sit with family or friends and have a meal together – that hormonal release, balance, and calmness. You don’t get that same feeling from eating at your desk or in your car.”